Thursday, June 20, 2013


Living Room 
Putting together a living room, or any room for that matter is not as simple as it may seem unless you go to one shop and simply ask for their display collection.... maybe thats not such a bad idea. As my H and I will be moving at the end of the year we decided that it would not be worth painting our home, laying floor boards or changing the window treatments which we had full intentions to do when we moved in. 

My main aim now is to put together furniture and accessories that will match together and that will also be transportable. This I found difficult as my salmon coloured everything, tiles, walls and vertical blinds don't really match with the style/theme I would like to create.  If you rent an apartment or a house without the ability to change wall and floor colours, I think the best thing you can do is ensure your furniture and accessories match. 

My living room is a working progress probably because I'm a terrible decision maker and I spend way too much time looking a beautiful home blogs, magazines and furniture stores, there is so much to like .... how could I possibly make a design decision! 

I chose light green accent pieces because the white lounge throws a light green tinge, at first I wanted to do a navy blue and white theme but when I got the sofa back from the upholster the green tinge was more noticeable then I anticpated, which I was not at all disappointed with it just changed my colour plans. I am now glad that I have chosen green as the view from the window is out to the front lawn and trees so the green accessories accents and echo the surround view. We are very fortunate to living in a 'leafy' suburb near a major river, I try to keep this in mind when creating a room as the inside should have a slight reflection on the outside. So green it is!

I have just purchased a new side table which I am very happy with and I will post photos in my next post. It was not very expensive however the down side is I have to wait 2-3 months for it to arrive. The next stop is a new lamp (I have my eye on one!) and a coffee table (I still trying to find a good cabinet maker to make it as well as save a bit money to go ahead with it!) 


Recent pillow purchase from Pottery Barn Sydney. I thought that choosing this colour as a pillow it would pick up the terracotta/red in the humming bird images above the lounge.

The above picture and the below picture were purchases from One King Lane
www.onekingslane.com 


Sage wool throw rug purchased from One Kings Lane 

I purchased this rug from Williams Sonoma, New York 2 years ago. Carrying this home in my suitcase!!!

Pillows Purchased from One Kings Lane 

Williams Sonoma Harrison Sofa - I had my sofa custom made based on this sofa with 2 side chairs to match.

These are silk flowers the tall cherry blossom flowers are from Pottery Barn Sydney and the large flowers below (not sure of the name) were a purchase from the Philippines. I had no expectation on how the arrangement would turn out when I purchased the flowers as it was on an impulse that I bought them. I'm so glad I did because I think they look beautiful.

Let me know what you think....


Mrs CB


No comments:

Post a Comment