Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Black Door


  The Black Door

It has been far too long between posts and I will endeavour not to leave it as long as it has been again.  My husband and I have decided to do some cosmetic renovations to our home and I thought I would start our renovation journey with the front door. I plan on documenting the process via this blog showing our/my ideas and before and after shots of the project. 

So I have decided to begin at the front door. Currently our front door is rather dated salmon/ beige glass and wood door with matching filigree fly screen. It's time to update! I have decided that a black high gloss solid front door is the way to go. I like the idea of glass inserts in the door as it allows light to stream into the hall and can look slightly more friendly then a solid door, however considering you can see into our living from the street front a solid door will give us more privacy. Our windows are set in black frames thus the black door will match in with the windows. I have the option to lose the fly wire screen door due to the windows adjacent to the front door. 

Ok, now that I have justified my decision on a solid high gloss front door I will show you some  black entrance doors which have lead to my final decision! 





The above door is the final choice for our front door! 

Some ideas and inspiration as follows 


















We'll I hope you like my idea of a black door and stay tuned for more updates! 

MrsCB

No comments:

Post a Comment